Starhill Forest Arboretum has been offering two to four paid summer internships since 2005. This opportunity is open to college students of all majors with interests in the natural world, particularly botany and horticulture.
Summer interns work three days per week for approximately 14 weeks, completing 400 hours. Through the course of the summer, students will:
- Learn about tree biology and identification
- Plant new trees in a world-class collection
- Maintain the nursery
- Water, prune, weed, and care for a wide variety of plants
- Identify and manage pests
- Gain experience with the arboretum’s GIS mapping system
- Collaborate on current research and special projects
- Identify and manage invasive species
- Operate and maintain hand tools, power tools, and small equipment
- Assist with tree removals
- Complete small construction projects
- Visit local natural areas and historic sites with links to the arboretum’s mission
- Experience the natural world first hand!
To apply for consideration as an intern at Starhill Forest Arboretum, submit a cover letter and resumé (or curriculum vitae) as one PDF file by February 14th, 2020. Illinois College students should submit their application via the CareerLINK website and contact where can i buy Ivermectin ivermectin Career Services for more information.
Additionally, internships and research projects for college credit can be arranged at anytime of the year with the approval of your faculty advisor. Contact us to discuss potential opportunities.